Tuesday, July 27, 2010

60 pounds?

A funny thing happened at the gym last week. I was doing my regular Sat. routine as set up by Jake the Great, which included 4 sets each of 25 rows at the rowing machine, 25 squats, .25 mile on elliptical, 25 push-ups, all in rotation – 4 sets. Followed with either 25 over the head throws with a 15 pound ball, or 25 on the back extension. I stopped for a second while doing the rowing machine and a man came over and said “can I get my set in while you’re resting?” I’d only stopped for a second, but it was a different gym, and I wanted to “blend” so I said sure. Got up. He condescendingly said “I’ll probably have to move the weights”. I said go for it and did more squats. Then he looked at the weights.. Paused. Said “Do you realize these are on 60 lbs?” I said yes, that’s why I stopped a second. He said “how many are you doing?” 4 sets of 25.

More silence.

Then he said, “well, I guess I’ll put it at 70”. He did 10 and said he was done.

I moved it back to 60 and did the rest of mine.

Jake said it’s not cool to make fun of people, even if they’ve made fun of you. So I just finished my set.

With a smile. :)

Girls rule!


Oh, and I told Jake I wanted a spit bucket. But could it please be pink and bedazzled??

No comments:

Post a Comment